How to change the description on your YouTube music channel for artists
Your music is on YouTube, and now you want to change what your artist channel bio says – here’s how.
In this article, we’ll cover how to change your banner image, but if you haven’t yet taken control of your official artist channel, we’ve got a guide to doing it here:
If your music is on YouTube through distribution so that an artist channel has been created for you, you will need to take control of it first. Follow our link above to take control of your official artist channel so you can edit it as you like.
You are going to want to write your channel description first. Make sure he represents you as best as possible.
A little bit about yourself and your music to educate new fans helps them connect with you on a more personal level.
Your channel bio is the block of text on your channel page that describes what the channel is for new viewers. It’s a great place to share your story.
YouTube Channel Biography Specifications:
Follow these requirements to make sure your bio meets YouTube standards and is not rejected.
- Keep it under 1500 characters. After about 150 characters, YouTube Music truncates and places the remaining bio behind a “More” link.
- Make sure the content meets our community guidelines.
- Keep your biography up to date. Promoting an upcoming album or new release in your bio can quickly become obsolete.
Add or edit your channel’s biography:
- Log into your account associated with your official artist channel
- Go to studio.youtube.com
- Select ‘Profile‘ to the left
- Select the Biography box
- Click anywhere in the box and enter your bio
- Select ‘Save biography‘and you’re done!
You must use a desktop computer to edit your bio, as YouTube has removed the ability to do so on mobile devices.